Puget Sound Science Review
The Puget Sound Science Review (the "Review") includes synthesis documents created or reviewed by an editorial board of experts from agencies, academic institutions and other organizations working in Puget Sound ecosystem science. It is intended as a primary source for synthesized scientific information related to the Puget Sound and Salish Sea watersheds. Review content is integrated within the Encyclopedia and is identified through color coding and logos associated with participating organizations.
In its first phase, the Review builds upon and adapts work completed as part of the Puget Sound Partnership’s April 2011 Puget Sound Science Update, a state-of-the-science document "synthesizing existing, peer-reviewed scientific information on specific topics identified by policy leaders [Puget Sound Science Update Synthesis 2010]." The completed chapters from that effort are represented here in modified and updated form as part of a collaborative agreement with the Puget Sound Partnership. The chapters include peer-reviewed analysis and state-of-the-science documentation from across a variety of disciplines.
Future design and development
As it develops, the Review will identify and address gaps in this core content and will become important source material to the Puget Sound Partnership as they periodically renew their legislatively mandated reporting and analysis.
Identifying peer-reviewed content
Each page of the Review features a green banner above the page title to denote that the content on the page has been created or reviewed by the Encyclopedia of Puget Sound editorial board.
About the Science Review
- Puget Sound Science Review
- Ecosystem-Based Management: Understanding Future and Desired System States
- Ecosystem-Based Management: Incorporating Human Well-being
- Ecosystem-Based Management: Ecosystem Protection and Restoration Strategies
- The Biophysical Condition of Puget Sound: Biology
- The Biophysical Condition of Puget Sound: Chemistry
- The Biophysical Condition of Puget Sound: Physical Environment
- Threats: Impacts of Natural Events and Human Activities on the Ecosystem